Natural Sweetener Food grade Fructose supplement CAS 7660-25-5
||White crystalline powder
The introduction of Fructose :
Fructose, a monosaccharide, is an isomer of glucose with the chemical formula C6H12O6. It exists in a large number of free states in fruit juice and honey. Fructose can also combine with glucose to form sucrose.
Fructose products first appeared in the food industry as an alternative to sucrose. Due to the incomparable performance advantages of sucrose, fructose products have gradually completely or partially replaced sucrose in many fields of food processing. The purpose of this replacement is not only to solve the problem of sweetness, but also to improve the product performance, enhance the flavor and taste, and improve the product grade. It has been proved that fructose can replace sucrose 100% in fruit wine, medicinal wine, sparkling wine, medicinal syrups, fruit drinks, jams, canned fruits, preserves, hard candies and hard baked goods. In ice cream bars, ice cream, soft candy, soft baked goods, can be partially replaced, the amount of replacement in 10-50%. With the deepening of the understanding of the application characteristics of fructose. In the 1990s, many new products have been developed in accordance with the characteristics of fructose, expanding the application field of fructose in food. New applications for fructose in food are still being discovered.
The Application & Function of Fructose :
1. The sweetness of fructose increases at low temperature, and the freezing point is low, which has good control over the formation of ice crystals. So high fructose corn syrup is better for ice cream, ice cream bars and other frozen foods. The popsicles and ice cream produced with high fructose corn syrup have a sweet flavor. But in the production of Popsicle, can not use all high fructose corn syrup, but should be mixed with sucrose, otherwise the freezing speed is slow, and the freezing effect is not good.
2. Low calorific value beverages can be prepared by combining fructose with other sweeteners. With little or no use of sucrose, the calorific value of the beverage is lower without compromising the taste.
3. Crystallized fructose is used as sweetener and added to powdered foods that require instant solution, such as rice flakes, cereals, etc. It can play the advantages of high sweetness, easy solubility and good taste of crystallized fructose.
4. The use of fructose in preserved fruit, jam, jelly, canned fruit, preserves and other sugar-stained food, because of its higher osmotic pressure than sucrose, can prevent fruit juice from backsliding out of the fruit, which is conducive to maintaining fruit flavor. The fructose equalizes quickly through the cell wall, improving the stability of the processing process, and is not affected by PH. Fructose also has an affinity with fruit, which also prevents fruit flavor from coming back, helping to preserve fruit flavor.
5. Fructose is widely used in fruit wine, medicine wine, sparkling wine and other nutritional wine. Fructose dissolves well and does not obscure the flavor of the wine itself.
The COA of Fructose :