CAS 50-81-7 Vitamin C Ascorbic Acid L-Ascorbic Acid 99%
| Food Grade
The Introductction of Vitamin C :
Vitamin C ( Ascorbic Acid), also known as L-ascorbic acid, is a water-soluble vitamin. Vitamin C in food is absorbed by the upper part of the human small intestine. Once absorbed, it is distributed to all water-soluble structures in the body. The active pool of vitamin C metabolism in normal adults is about 1500 mg of vitamin C, and the maximum storage peak is 3000 mg of vitamin C. Under normal circumstances, most of vitamin C is metabolized and decomposed into oxalic acid in the body or combined with sulfuric acid to form ascorbic acid-2-sulfuric acid, which is excreted in urine; the other part can be directly excreted through urine.
The Application & Function of Vitamin C :
1. Collagen synthesis: The synthesis of collagen requires vitamin C to participate
2. Treatment of scurvy: The strength of the blood vessel wall has a lot to do with VC
3. Prevent gingival recession and bleeding teeth: gingiva is a soft tissue, and it is easy to produce gingival recession and bleeding when it lacks protein, calcium and VC.
4. Prevention of arteriosclerosis: It can promote the excretion of cholesterol, prevent the deposition of cholesterol on the inner wall of the artery, and even dissolve the deposited atherosclerotic plaque.
5. Antioxidant: It can protect other antioxidants, such as vitamin A, vitamin E, unsaturated fatty acids, and prevent free radical damage to the human body.
6. Treatment of anemia: reduce ferric iron that is difficult to absorb and utilize into ferrous iron, promote the absorption of iron in the intestine, improve the utilization rate of iron in the liver, and help treat iron-deficiency anemia.
7. Anti-cancer: rich collagen helps prevent the spread of cancer cells; the antioxidant effect of VC can resist free radical damage to cells and prevent cell mutation; block nitrite and secondary amine from forming strong carcinogen nitrous amine.
8. Protective effect: In human life activities, glutathione and enzymes are very important to ensure the integrity of cells and the normal progress of metabolism.
9. Improve the immunity of the human body: White blood cells are rich in VC. When the body is infected, the VC in the white blood cells decreases sharply. VC can enhance the chemotaxis and deformability of neutrophils and improve the bactericidal ability.
10. Improve the emergency capability of the body.
The COA of Vitamin C :